One of my favorite things to do is go to the local farmers market! I love finding what's in season, and taking it home to make delicious new recipes. I really enjoy a GOOD, fresh, home made strawberry jam (no sugar added!) and what better way to have some than make your own in a pinch! This recipe is SO easy and fast and only has 2 ingredients! This jam is delicious on my almond pulp crackers! You can also put it on my vanilla chia pudding, yogurt, oatmeal, or toast. When you make it with fresh, ripe, in-season strawberries you don't need any extra sugar at all! If your strawberries aren't the sweetest, you might consider a little bit of an organic sweetener like maple syrup, honey or coconut palm nectar. If you are a raw foodie, I think you can easily make this recipe raw (just don't cook the strawberries above 110 degrees!).
- 1 lb organic strawberries
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- Clean strawberries, remove tops, put in saucepan.
- Heat on medium until liquidy and broken down.
- Mash with potato masher or fork.
- Add chia seeds and cook another minute, then let cool.
- If necessary, add another tsp or two of chia to thicken.